Sunday, November 29, 2009

Baby's Heartbeats

Monday, June 8th, 2009



12 weeks 1 day


We went for 12 weeks check up at Oakwood women's clinic. Today we had 'combine screening test' or popular with "nuchal translucent test'. This test combine mother's blood test and baby's usg to check the possibility of down syndrome. The usg measure the thickness of baby's neck nerve and match it with my blood test. The result will be available in about 2 weeks. If they found something wrong, then we need to discuss about more accurate test called amniocentesis, or even worse CVS (chorionic villi sample) which I prayed so hard to be avoided.

During usg, we could see what then was a little tiny jelly bean now is growing bigger. The head looks unproportionally big (bigger than the body), we could see the nose, ears (more like holes on both sides of the head), lips, little tiny fingers, and the limbs. Nurse said the arms and fingers develop earlier than the legs and feet. If you see the pictures in this page, our baby looked like a little alien. A cute one! And for the first time, we could hear the baby heartbeats. 154 beats per minute! It was like magic to be able to hear our baby's heartbeats banging so fast. It brought tears to my eyes.



Alien baby


I'm still doing fine. No morning sickness, no strange food craving, no fatigue. Well, I don't know if you can call it craving, but I'm more into fruits now than I was before. Any kind of fruit, but especially grapes and oranges. I also started doing prenatal yoga to keep me energized.

my 15 weeks belly Oh, and I love to see how my baby belly grows. I took pictures every few weeks. The one above was taken at 15 weeks. It's a bit bulky...he..he..

10 days later I got a call from doctor office. The combine screening test result was good, meaning there is nothing to worry about. Oh, Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment